Thursday, October 13, 2016

Cathedral Canyon

This is a lesser known canyon - well anything outside Antelope is lesser known, but still a beautiful canyon.  This is a lovely simple, short canyon with huge walls that echo like a great cathedral.  I wanted to sing, but for the benefit of any audio pollution, I restrained myself and took pictures only!

This is my first effort at HDR photography (high dynamic range)

The entrance is like many slot canyons and beckons some great photography ahead.


Even though this is a short canyon the walls are enormously high.

The other amazing thing about slot canyons is that you can get some pretty unique lighting....here's a tree back lit with a dark background - couldn't resist the contrast. 


This was a very small canyon, but I loved it for the acoustics and of course the beautiful sandstone.






No comments: